Tauranga Eye Specialists offers a comprehensive eye service utilising the latest technological advances available to care for the health of your eyes. Every member of our team, from the doctors to our experienced technicians, reception and administration staff, is dedicated to your eye health. Our clinical, diagnostic and treatment services include:
- Civil Aviation Authority vision medical assessment
- clinical photography
- driving vision assessment
- glaucoma laser surgery
- inpatients at Tauranga and Whakatane Hospitals
- intraocular pressure measurement
- macula and optic nerve imaging
- paediatric eye health and vision
- presurgical eye evaluation
- refractive surgery assessment and refractive lens surgery
- screening and treatment for all eye diseases such as cataract, glaucoma and macular degeneration
- strabismus and squint surgery
- treatment of eye injury
- visual field testing including peripheral vision
- YAG and retinal laser.
Laser refractive surgery is not performed at Tauranga Eye Specialists but referral can be arranged.
Our on-site modern day stay facilities incorporate 2 fully equipped operating theatres with state-of-the-art equipment that includes the Infiniti Vision System for cataract surgery and the Constellation Vision System for vitreoretinal surgery. Our internationally trained fully qualified specialists cover a range of subspecialty surgery including cataract, glaucoma, eyelid, paediatric and retinal surgery.
Tauranga Eye Specialists provide a retinal screening service for all with diabetes under contract to the Bay of Plenty Primary Health Organisations.
Penny Adams independently consults as an optometrist at Tauranga Eye Specialists.
Penny primarily deals in contact lens fitting and aftercare
Please note that neither Penny nor Tauranga Eye Specialists sell glasses.
Bachelor of Science, BSc, University of Victoria, 1977
Bachelor of Optometry with Honours, BOptom (Hons), University of NSW, 1980
Certificate in Ocular Pharmacology, University of Auckland, 2003
Auckland Programme in Ocular Therapeutics, 2004
Contact lens fitting (soft, rigid and hybrid) in the fields of
NZ Association of Optometrists
Cornea and Contact Lens Society of NZ